I still can't believe Gary Gygax is dead. He was one of the fathers of Dungeons and Dragons. Though he was far from the only figure in the creation of the genre of the role playing game, I remember the name from my first games as a teen ager. I loved D&D. Still do. In fact, it's not hard to accidentally slip into D&D rules and realities when writing. I remember his name partially because it's so cool though. It sounds vaguely sinister, as the guys over at Penny Arcade (www.penny-arcade.com) were saying. So I've decided to create a creature in my novel called the Gygax. It's purely an homage, so I hope I can't get in trouble for using Mr. Gygax's name. Anyone out there know if there is some law against that sort of thing?
Anyway, rest in peace, Mr. Gygax. You have my deepest respect and thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment