Ah! Backstory! Is there any sweeter word? At this point in my novel, I've had my first truly major backstory reveal and all the comments that you guys gave me about motivation is coming in super handy! Thanks! I can tell who my loyal die-hard fans are out there by now, and these people will be among the first to receive copies of finished manuscripts and/or even signed first editions if it ever comes to that.
Unfortunatley for everyone, I'm a daddy's girl. Always have been. I'm very much like my mother, which is probably why I adore my father so. She and I think alike. Anyway, I can't believe that that bad old man hasn't taken the time to read my blurbs yet, so no more excerpts until he has been pestered and brow-beaten senseless into telling me what an amazing writer I am. So there. :) I'll get my attention any way I can, thank you very much.
Also, Sassy, if you take a look to the right, you'll see that I have beaten your challenge, so now you MUST finish your training and join a marathon. AAAaaaannnd I want peeeektures! :) I love you Sassy! Thanks for helping to motivate me!
6 comments:
Daddy loves you. He is just busy. I know because I had the same relationship with my Dad. He knows you know so he doesn't have to tell you. Aren't relationships a balancing act. Wonderful but sometimes they need to be worked on, they don't just exist.
I can't believe you are gonna hook us all...and then leave us hangin'. Cold hearted!! Lol :)
That's me! Cold and mean. haha! Nah, it was a total ploy and my dad seems to have called my bluff. I will definitely be posting anything that seems good enough to post without edit.
I can't wait for the movie. ADD boy can't read!!!!!!
Of course Dad called your bluff, he lives with Mom remember? Gotta love the team. Anyways, I know I'm reading all of this in one night, but I'm reading this sequentially... doesn't that count? Love you, and love when you give excerpts.
That's good enough for me! Ok, so now I'm writing exclusively for Michael, Dirty, Seth, and my lovely sister Hilary. You guys are now my audience and shall receive first edition signed copies for sure if I'm ever published, along with Devin and Tera, my room mates who let me bounce plot ideas off them all the time.
Now for the rest of you, it's not too late. You can get in on this bandwagon with lavish praise, helpful ideas, gifts of chocolate and caffiene or jewelry, backrubs, etc. Other sucking up will also be graciously considered.
Post a Comment