Monday, February 09, 2009

South East Asia Once More

Well I'm here in SE Asia with Tom again. I sure missed him. During the day, I'm doing homework and chillin'. At night we go grab some food, watch some movies, have some alone time... you know. Good stuff.

I really love Cambodia. It's a super fun place. I'd recommend it to anyone who is interested in seeing some unusual sights among some very cool people while not spending a whole lot of money. Tom has a really cool employee named Reaksmae (sp?). It's pronounced "ROCKS-may" and it was her birthday the other day. We went out to a dance club with her and her girl friends with all locals. It was funny being the only haole ('farong' in local dialect, but it means basically the same thing) in the place, but Tom looked the the MAN rolling up in there with about 10 females. Then Tom and I left and went to Sharkey's which is a slightly less reputable place, but it has a long association with the EOD set, and the bar manager there is a friend of mine. She was really happy to see me and she doted on us for about an hour. Then Tom and I went to a seedy little hole in the wall to play some poker. I whooped butt.

We rolled out of there at about 5 in the morning... which I'm certain was one of the worst ideas I've ever had in my life. It was a great night though and we had a lot of fun. Tom was like a proud papa watching me win at poker. I'm his little grinder! :)

Now we're in Vietnam, and there's really not much to do in this tiny little town where he works, so I'm taking the oportunity to catch up on homework. I know we're going out for dinner tonight with all his crew, so that should be fun. I'll keep you posted on our adventures and hopefully, I'll find where Tom hid his camera so I can post some of Reaksmae's birthday night pics.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's AWESOME. Good to see you're great, Heather. Miss ya!!

Dirty said...

Miss yah both!