
So Picric and I are hangin' out here on the farm. We're doing pretty good, considering we both miss the testosterone-bearing member of our family. It's great getting to spend some time with the fam after so very very very long being away from them. It feels like the silly day-to-day stuff is exactly what the doctor ordered and I feel better emotionally than I have in at least a couple years, with one serious hole in the happy.
Speaking of the missing part of my heart, Tom sounds like he misses us girls quite a bit too, but is otherwise doing really well. He's in his element of course. It's a good cause, doing EOD work in SE Asia. What could be better for him? Me? Of course you're right.
I'm hoping to go see him in January, after this semester is over. I'd be flying out and bringing my school books with me for the beginning of the following semester. You know, it's the time in the classes where you sit around and figure out who everyone is and do a few BS getting-to-know-you-and-your-capabilities sorts of assignments.
I'm also hoping to spend the first Christmas in years with my family. I'm so excited about this, I can hardly express it! My bro is a Christmas fanatic. Those of you who know me know how I feel about and act around Halloween. Well Gary is that way for Christmas. There are certain protocols that must be followed and traditions that must be observed and WOE to him who tries to tear those things asunder like so many brightly wrapped boxes!
I will, of course, be missing dearly, a Very Hatfield Christmas. I do miss Denn's haunted trailer full of food and Kwaj-family and snarky gag gifts. I also miss when some of the snarkiest among us would draw a name that they just couldn't bring themselves to be snarky to. Good times. Mmmm... Corna's hams. I am also missing this time of year going to Bess and Stan's for Thanksgiving. I miss how Dr. Ray would tease me and wheedle me about bringing a special cherry pie just for him. If I knew where to find him, I'd probably try to figure out a way to send him one. I even miss trying to make myself scarce when it came time for the very traditional and solemn Tarantula Tequila Toast on that most joyous of over-eating holidays.
Yep, folks, some of the best times of the year are upon us. So let's all raise a glass of something that might make you behave badly and toast those we love. No matter where in the world they may be, they are in our hearts now.
Speaking of the missing part of my heart, Tom sounds like he misses us girls quite a bit too, but is otherwise doing really well. He's in his element of course. It's a good cause, doing EOD work in SE Asia. What could be better for him? Me? Of course you're right.
I'm hoping to go see him in January, after this semester is over. I'd be flying out and bringing my school books with me for the beginning of the following semester. You know, it's the time in the classes where you sit around and figure out who everyone is and do a few BS getting-to-know-you-and-your-capabilities sorts of assignments.
I'm also hoping to spend the first Christmas in years with my family. I'm so excited about this, I can hardly express it! My bro is a Christmas fanatic. Those of you who know me know how I feel about and act around Halloween. Well Gary is that way for Christmas. There are certain protocols that must be followed and traditions that must be observed and WOE to him who tries to tear those things asunder like so many brightly wrapped boxes!
I will, of course, be missing dearly, a Very Hatfield Christmas. I do miss Denn's haunted trailer full of food and Kwaj-family and snarky gag gifts. I also miss when some of the snarkiest among us would draw a name that they just couldn't bring themselves to be snarky to. Good times. Mmmm... Corna's hams. I am also missing this time of year going to Bess and Stan's for Thanksgiving. I miss how Dr. Ray would tease me and wheedle me about bringing a special cherry pie just for him. If I knew where to find him, I'd probably try to figure out a way to send him one. I even miss trying to make myself scarce when it came time for the very traditional and solemn Tarantula Tequila Toast on that most joyous of over-eating holidays.
Yep, folks, some of the best times of the year are upon us. So let's all raise a glass of something that might make you behave badly and toast those we love. No matter where in the world they may be, they are in our hearts now.
3 comments:
When did he go? where did he go? when can i go to visit him :D. How are things with you? by the way, that is an awesome picture
Here's to Kwaj memories and to friends near and far!
Goof ball! Tom went to Cambodia, remember? Read a few posts down and that should explain things for ya.
Clinkies Ang!
Post a Comment