So speaking of fun-filled activities in the spring-time sunshine, progress is being made on the zombie apocalypse training. I started the Couch to 5K program again this week now that I can (usually) see the sidewalks. 1 week down, at least 8 weeks to go. This first week was three days of a brisk 5 minute walk, followed by 20 minutes interval training: running for 60 seconds, then 90 seconds of walking, then running then walking etc. until the 20 minutes is up. Then I've been doing a 5 minute cool down walk. This upcoming week's mission is 5 minutes of warm up walking, followed by 90 seconds of running, 2 minutes of walking and on like that for 20 minutes. Then another 5 minute cool down walk. Today was hard, but not as hard as the first day, so it's progress. I'm hoping to get into a 5K race some time this summer!
Weekend before last, Tom and my friends Terra and Logan went for a nice 5 mile hike. Apparently, as long as you tell Terra that we're two-thirds of the way there, she won't mutiny, no matter how obvious a lie you're telling her. Good to know! Terra, you owe me more money... don't worry, keep doling it out, you're two-thirds of the way there! :) Actually, it's a pretty good trick to play on ones self now that I think about it. Maybe I'll tell myself I'm already two-thirds of the way to being able to run a 5K and two-thirds of the way done with my weight loss goals... Yeah! That does feel better!
Speaking of weight loss, I've also started the (oh so controversial) Atkins diet again. I have gotten so much crap about it! I'm not sure why that is. The first time I did this diet, I lost like 40 lbs, and kept it off for a couple of years with everyone cheering me on until I moved to Kuwait. There, I couldn't get my thyroid meds, was working 12 hour days, commuting for about 2 hours a day in completely hellish conditions and ate at a chow hall for most of my meals where they actually ADD carbs and sugars to the food so the soldiers have the energy they need. I had zero chance. Anyway, now that Atkins has fallen out of favor, everyone has started screaming at me about how I'm going to die. I've lost 6 lbs my first week and I'm doing really well. I have tons of energy, am never hungry and I'm actually eating more leafy greens than I normally do left to my own devices. Whatever. Shut up haters. Did I mention I lost 6 lbs? And I've already lost an inch off my waist and another inch off my bicep? That's right. Shut it.
Sarah Connor, here I come!
I also got my concealed carry permit. Don't be scared though, Smith and Wesson is still building my pistol, so I won't be actually a danger to myself or others for quite some time.
Happy Spring Equinox all! I'm going to get some much needed sleep, but first I'm going to pack my fat and protein and phytonutrient rich lunch for tomorrow.
3 comments:
50% chance of snow tomorrow, 70% the day after. :-p
That diet works, not as a forever diet, but it works. Beats fastfood or starving yourself which are other popular options.
And I'm now down 9 lbs... I should hit my first 10 by this weekend. :)
Post a Comment