Well Tom is out of surgery and doing well by everyone's estimation but his own. Basically the surgery went well and they even found some other problems that would have caused him some serious issues later and fixed them while they were at it.
What do you think of when you hear the name Vladimir? Vlad? Like as in Vlad the Impaler? Like the guy that the character Dracula was created in the image of? Nope, not no mo. Now Vladimir will mean kindly old doctor who took good care of my husband. The Dracula connection freaked me out when I heard his name at first, but I didn't want to scare Tom, so I kept that little inside joke truly inside. We all know how Tom overthinks things some times and that's the last thing he needed running through his head as he drifted off into the Between world. What I don't do for that man! Hah!
Anyway, he's in quite a bit of pain and he's still really drugged up. I so wanted to stay with him tonight. He was just miserable. When I had surgery, I remember how comforting it was to open my eyes and see my mother there, tenderly nursing me. I feel so bad for having to go to work tomorrow!
He will be in the hospital tonight and then will be at home resting for a couple of weeks. It could take a month or two for him to be able to even lift much more than like 5 pounds, so we'll be encouraging him to take it easy. I expect all of our family and friends to send him love, prayers, positive thoughts and guilt trips if he gets too rowdy too soon. :)
So to sum up, Tom's fine, but will be hurting for a while. I'll be fine once he's safe at home. Picric is still... well crazy, but no more than usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment